Sunday, February 11, 2007

Clearing the Clutter

Do you ever feel like there are too many unproductive distractions in life keeping you from living the life you want for yourself and your family? It seems that every once and a while I will look up and realize that those distractions are taking valuable time away from my priorities - and I know that it is time to refocus. This happened to be one of those weeks. I actually enjoy these realizations because they re-energize me to "clear the clutter" and get back on track. So to everyone that understands where I'm coming from - here's to clearing the clutter!

On to those priorities ~ Emma's 3rd birthday is just around the corner. We decided to serve as guinea pigs in having the first kid's birthday party at the Kid's Cabin - our neighborhood club facility. They have a fabulous area set up for the children to run and play indoors - which is great for a winter birthday. She is so looking forward to it! Emma also started ballet class this week and is loving it!

We have realized that Camryn is our accident-prone child. Every since she moved up to the toddler room at school, very few days have gone by that she didn't bring home an accident report. She falls in bumps her head, she trips on the stairs, she sticks her finger in another child's mouth and they bite. The list goes on. Here's hoping for an accident free week!

Brian got on the golf course today for the first time in quite a while. We had a beautifully warm weekend. It was great for both of our favorite outdoor activities. I also ran the 2nd race in my Winter Series. Although it was 50 degrees and I was sporting shorts, the trail was covered in snow - quite deep in most areas - so my time was not great. The course was so bad that the 10-mile route got shortened to 7 miles because the support vehicles got stuck going out to the turnaround point! Chalk that one up to a training run! The next and final race in the series is in 2 weeks and it's a 20k.

Coming up this week - Brian and I will be attending the girl's Valentine parties at school since both classrooms have their parties at the same time. Watch for pictures! My book club is meeting after a 2 month hiatus and Brian starts his tennis league at the club. FYI: these are not clutter, they sweeten the pot of life!

No comments: