Thank goodness! The drive to Topeka for my grandfather's 90th birthday was a long one. Weather blew into town on Wednesday when we were heading out, so it was snowy and blizzard-like conditions most of the way. The girls did wonderful in the car ride. Emma was hooked on the Barney movie like it was crack cocaine and Camryn quite enjoyed it as well - made the ride much easier. Grandpa was SO happy that all of his children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren were present to celebrate his birthday. We made the trek home on Saturday and I have to say thank you to Brian for driving the entire 8 hours in extremely strong winds. His arms were so sore on Sunday from keeping the car under control! Here are a few pictures from our trip, first one of grandpa with all of our family and the second of grandpa with all the great-grandchildren.

Yours truly also celebrated a birthday last week, yep - I celebrated 30 for the 3rd year in a row! I treated myself to a fine steak dinner at the Route Diner in Burlington, CO on our drive to KS - woohoo!! Thanks to Brian's mom, I got an "official" birthday dinner on Sunday night. She made us a delicious tortilla soup and we enjoyed fruit tart dessert. Thanks Char!
And speaking of not being in Kansas anymore, I found out today that I might have to travel to Amsterdam and Stockholm in 2 weeks for work. I would be gone for a week. More details to come, as Brian and I figure out how to work this around his guy's trip to Vegas for March Madness. I'm sure we'll work something out though - wow, what a wonderful opportunity, both professionally and personally. The real question, though, is can Mommy be away from her girls for that long??


Yours truly also celebrated a birthday last week, yep - I celebrated 30 for the 3rd year in a row! I treated myself to a fine steak dinner at the Route Diner in Burlington, CO on our drive to KS - woohoo!! Thanks to Brian's mom, I got an "official" birthday dinner on Sunday night. She made us a delicious tortilla soup and we enjoyed fruit tart dessert. Thanks Char!
And speaking of not being in Kansas anymore, I found out today that I might have to travel to Amsterdam and Stockholm in 2 weeks for work. I would be gone for a week. More details to come, as Brian and I figure out how to work this around his guy's trip to Vegas for March Madness. I'm sure we'll work something out though - wow, what a wonderful opportunity, both professionally and personally. The real question, though, is can Mommy be away from her girls for that long??
1 comment:
Julie - Go to Keukenhof outside of Amsterdam if you can. I think it will just have opened while you are there - spectacular!!
Post a Comment