Sunday, April 22, 2007

Another week gone

Where do they go?? This year seems to be flying by. Have a few more minutes for a lengthier post before I go pick up the munchkins. Brian took them to the club this morning to start his golf round while I finished up my morning group run.

This morning, Jennifer (check out her blog for pictures, she took bunches) and I did 9 miles, going a little further than the Summer Roundup 12k course. Even though I was feeling extremely weak, after having spent 12 hrs in bed Friday night with chills, aches and stomach yuck and not feeling much better yesterday, I have to say I am not entirely disappointed in today's run. We average 11:24 min/mile for a slower training run, which is quite an improvement over the 12:05 min/mile I averaged on the 7.44 mile course last July. I'm planning to do the trail race again this year if we are in town. The best part of the run this morning, of course, was the visiting. Since most of the second half is downhill, we were able to catch up, check out the view and even catch a glimpse of our old house.

What's in store this week? Well, Grammy and Papa Mike are coming over tonight for dinner - grilled salmon, spinach and parmesan couscous, cucumber salad and pound cake - yum! Camryn has her 15 month checkup tomorrow - yikes! I just can't believe she is already 15 months. We'll get to see how our good little eater is growing (and it is quite evident that she is growing!). Brian and I get a date dinner one night this week, since Grammy is going to pick up the girls and have them over for dinner at her house - I hear our favorite Vietnamese haunt calling us. Can you tell I have post-run hunger? I can't stop talking/writing about food.

Ok - one last picture before I go. We took this one at the park yesterday, doesn't it just say - YIPPEE?

No comments: