That's what I was doing this morning. My running buddy, Jennifer, talked me into running the Greenland 25k with her this morning. Although I knew I wasn't trained up for 15.5 miles (I've done one 12-miler in the past several months), I figured I'd do it anyway for a training run. And wow - what a training run it was. The course was snowy, which later turned into mud, and quite hilly. The 25k-ers do 2 of the 8 mile loops, I finished the 1st loop in around 1:12, but pooped out on the 2nd loop. Ended up finishing at just over 2:53, which is around 11 minutes/mile, that included walking several sections on the 2nd loop. Can you believe people were actually out there doing 4 loops?? That was the 50k, there is no way I could have gone another 1/4 mile, much less 2 more loops. They are my heroes! So, overall, very glad I did it. I have something to work up to if I do this one again next year. It's always fun to try new races each year to steer away from boredom.
Fun stuff in store for the rest of the day! As soon as the girls get up from their naps, we are heading to a "Princess" birthday party. Emma is super excited to wear her new princess outfit that Mommy scored at Target. Brian is joining us right after the party to hang out with friends for the evening. Good thing I got my long run over with this morning, so I can have a glass of wine (or two) and sleep until 7 in the morning - yes, that's sleeping in for us folks with little ones!
1 comment:
Great job on the run! Did you get my email I sent on Thurs? Hope to hear from you soon!
Post a Comment