Thursday, May 31, 2007

Long Short Week

Why is this 4 day week dragging? Hmmm, maybe it is because I am excitedly looking forward to the fun activities we have planned for this weekend? Maybe it is due to the fact that at this time next week, I will be enjoying the company of good friends at the beach? I'm sure it's a combo of both, but I am ready for it to end!

One thing that did keep the wheels turning this morning - yummy homemade bread, courtesy of Jennifer. What a sweet surprise at 6 in the morning. I'm sure she has a name for the recipe, but all I know is that it had chocolate chips in it - enough said! Quite tasty. Thankfully, my co-workers helped me make it disappear before I did all the damage on my own.

What's in store this weekend? The girls have their end-of-year school picnic. Emma was busy at work today decorating her ball cap for the "Silly Hat Parade". Brian and I have plans to attend a "Golf Pros and Tennis Hos" party - don't ask, I didn't come up with the theme. Sounded like some sort of frat party/sorority mixer when I first heard about it, but what the hay - we'll get to meet some more neighbors! The ladies are supposed to wear tennis attire, but, well, since I don't play tennis, I'm going to wear a running skirt. Close enough. The weekend will be capped off with dinner at Jennifer's, kind of a farewell gathering for her and the fam. I'm looking forward to tasting Scott's famous pizza and I'm going to try out a new dessert recipe on all the unsuspecting guests.

Two running commitments made this week, registered for the Denver 1/2 Marathon in October and paid my money for the Wild West Relay. Thumbs Up! <- had to get that line in here somewhere, it's Emma's latest comment when she really likes an idea. Last weekend, when we told her we were going to the pool, she said "Thumbs up for the pool, Mommy. Thumbs Up". Of course, we haven't stopped saying it since.

No comments: