Thursday, June 21, 2007

Hot Date Night

Nope, not the kind of hot date you are thinking of. Brian and I had an evening alone tonight since Grammy was serving up dinner for the girls. So, we used it to get in a little exercise together and catch up on each other's day. Only reason it was a hot date was because it was about 85 degrees when we started out. Good thing we get a real date night tomorrow when we head up to Denver for Brian's recognition cocktail reception and dinner!

One good thing about hitting the incline was I got a good taste of what my body will feel like during the relay in August. I'll be running 3 times over about a 30-33 hour time period, for a total of 14-19 miles. So, how do you train for something like this? I sure am not planning to wake my happy self up at 2 am to get in a moonlight run but I can get in some same-day routines. This morning, I hit the trail early to log 6 before work. And 10 hours later, we hit the incline and logged a few more miles. Legs are tired but not overly so - alas, there is hope for survival! I can't tell you how excited and nervous I am at the same time for this relay.

No comments: