Saturday, July 28, 2007

Watch out Tiger

The lessons have begun. I am officially learning how to play golf! Brian helped me out at the driving range today and I'll either soon get some much needed instruction from a friend/neighbor or sign up for lessons at the club, or possibly a combination of both. After missing several couple's tournaments this summer and hearing how fun they were (last one included 3 holes of twilight golf), I decided it was high time to pick up the sport. Brian will not be teaching me for a couple of reasons: 1) he tried to teach me how to hit a softball when we were in our dating years, we quickly learned that arrangement wasn't going to work and 2) he really doesn't know how to teach it (his words). He's a pretty good golfer but also a natural athlete so it just is natural for him to swing a club but he can't really explain how he does it. I'm excited though, watch for more updates!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yahoo!!! I totally want to learn too. We've talked about it for years! Whenever tom and his dad golfs, I'm just the designated golf cart driver. Which is stupid, since I'm the one who is also the designated beer drinker while watching them golf. Have fun!