Friday, August 17, 2007

Day to play

As I mentioned in an earlier post, today was a much needed day of R&R. Although, I didn't spend much time at home, I got to do those things that I rarely find the time for. The day started off with a peaceful (and muddy!) trail run. The weather was just perfect, not too hot. Next, was chaperoning Camryn's classroom field trip to the park. Grammy got to join us too. The kids had a great time playing and eating their lunch in the park. Field trip was followed by a little "back to school" clothes shopping for the girls at my favorite store for them - read: sale!

My afternoon massage was delightful, very soothing and relaxing. I've been having a little bit of pain in my upper shoulder/neck area - right where I carry all of my stress, so that got some extra work. After massage, I spent way too much money at Target...hmmm, all the reasons why I should not often take days off just to myself. I can't remember the last time I was able to spend an hour + just walking around browsing and shopping in any store. It was fabulous! Camryn got a bookshelf for her room, the girls got decor for their downstairs bathroom, new lamps that we've been needing for a while. I could have kept shopping but I think running out of room in the cart was a good sign that it was time to checkout and
head to my next destination: pedicure.

Capped off the day with dinner out with family and another couple who is due to have their first baby ANY day now. Who could ask for anything more??

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Yay for you! Your day to play sounds wonderful. I'm glad you got it.