Monday, August 13, 2007

Striking out

Did you know that in an average year in Colorado, 3 people are killed and 13 are injured by lightning? We've been getting some wicked lightning storms over the past few weeks, including yesterday afternoon as we were trying to sneak in 9 holes on the course. Brian and I went out with our neighbors (my first time actually out on the golf course) and had a great time up until the storm clouds blew in. It was hot and sunny earlier in the day when we were hanging out by the pool but our quick round got cut short. Of course, if I weren't a newbie, we probably could have gotten in the full 9, but when you are taking 3 drives off every tee box, it takes a little longer! I'll get better the more I practice, it is a fun game but very frustrating at times.

What else is in store this week? Brian and I celebrate our 9th wedding anniversary on Wednesday. We have dinner plans at Carlos Bistro and then will be taking a late anniversary trip to Chicago over Labor Day weekend. Best of all, we are starting to make plans for the big 10th anniversary next year, debating between a Mediterranean cruise or European vacation. We'd really love to visit the South Pacific islands (Fiji or Tahiti) but that will probably have to wait until later - maybe for our 20th!

Friday is a much needed day of relaxation. Work has been stressful and super busy. I'm going to take the day off and have a lunch picnic at the park with Camryn's classroom before heading to the spa for a massage and pedicure. I have what I like to call "runner's feet" right now, yuck for summer sandal season!

I'm starting to feel the end of summer blues. With school starting back, football season about to kick off and a "Save the Date" for a friend's annual Halloween Party, it seems as though we are quickly turning the corner to Fall. Don't get me wrong, I love the Fall (more so in the South!) but we have just had such a wonderful summer that I don't want it to end. No more weekends chasing the girls around the pool, bye-bye to the early morning daylight. Ah well!

No comments: