Sunday, October 28, 2007

Bye bye blues

Man, glad to get the past week behind us. Between illnesses, work stress, visitors, we were slam wiped out. I have not felt so depleted in a long, long time and am really praying that this week is a better one. We did end up going to the Broncos-Steelers game last Sunday, after I said I was glad we wouldn't be sitting out in the cold! It actually was warmer and drier up in Denver and we had a great time with Brian's sis and hubby. The week went downhill from there though.

So - to start off my new (and improved) week, a big shout-out to my buddy, Jennifer, who ran the Marine Corps Marathon today and made an awesome finish time. Way to go! Jennifer was my motivator for signing up for the Atlanta ING this coming March. If you haven't checked out her blog, on top of being a mom to twins, student, wife, cook, reader, and friend to many - she somehow manages to continue to be strong runner - truly inspirational.

Weekend turned out to be therapeutic for our fam. We didn't have too much going on, so yesterday was mostly spent lounging around the house. Brian and I got out for a nice dinner in the evening, and everyone slept in this morning. I finally got my rear out for a run today, since I slacked off all week trying to get my body recouped. The whole family attended a Costume/Birthday party this afternoon which was a great time for all.

What do we have in store this week? week holds much fun with the girl's costume parade at school on Halloween, as well as the children's party that the club has planned. Then we'll be jetting off to meet our friends, Molly, Pete & gang, in Mexico for a week. Here are a few funny pics from the weekend that made me laugh. Hope they put a smile on your face as well.





1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hey pal, Thanks for the shout-out! Hope your spirits have picked up from your worn-out week, and that you have a fabulous time in Mexico. I'll be excited to hear about that, and do a bit of vicarious living :). I miss our Colo. runs, and you! Happy Friday!