Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Baby Jacket on the way!

Today's quick post is a shout-out to my dear friend, Amanda. Today's the big day, the world will be blessed with another Little Yellow Jacket (I'm sure if Daddy has a say - she'll be another Little Bulldog!).

Reading Amanda's post from yesterday, had me reminiscing about my own fears going into Emma's delivery. How conflicted I felt to want her to arrive but scared for her to actually get here. I remember lying in the hospital room the night after she was born, scared to fall asleep as I watched her in the bassinet and listened to her breathing. Wow - I was now responsible for this little being's life! Ha - and the day Brian and I brought her home, just looking at each other and saying "OK, what now?". Scary. I read every book, magazine, online article I could get my hands on. A little advice here, some discarded there and we've slowly concocted our own unique way of doing things that works for our girls. Second time around, I had to kind of laugh at my neurotic self for skipping all those steps and just going with the flow. I'm sure there are moms out there that can relate and others that maybe can not. Nonetheless, we all find a way to manage and do the best that we can as new Moms.

Congratulations to you both - can't wait to meet the little doll!

No comments: