Sunday, November 18, 2007

Turducken?

It almost sounds like a bad word. But one that I am ever so eager to give a try!

One thing I love about our Thanksgivings is we have our regular "traditional" dishes and then we always like to throw in something new. This year it is the turducken. To be honest, I had never heard of this before now but when Brian's mom told us they had one on order for our feast, I was quite excited. I'll definitely give a full review post T-day.

What is on your Thanksgiving menu this year?

In addition to the turducken, we'll be having:

Appetizer - not sure what yet
Green bean casserole - holiday favorite
Corn pudding
Sweet potato souffle
Cranberry sauce
Rolls
Banana pudding
Another dessert - TBD

Yummmmm, writing about it makes me salivate.

3 comments:

Takoma Volpe said...

Ooh! I've always wanted to see one! How on earth do they get a chicken inside a duck inside a turkey? Let us know how you liked it.

:) Laura

Takoma Volpe said...

Ok Julie, I just saw this and had to send to you. IT's a little song about a turducken. The end is weird, but the beginning is kinda cute.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwB4HA3UD2Q&NR=1

Jules said...

Thanks Laura, very cute :) Mr. Turducken was a nice treat on T-day, quite tasty!