New year, new beginnings. For starters, Camryn received her very first haircut on Friday. Wouldn't want her ringing in 2008 with the shaggy do she had been sporting. I was trying to wait until my mom comes to visit in February, since she gave Emma her first haircut but Camryn was way overdo. Emma needed a trim as well, so we hit the local kiddie cutters.The new year is also our time for reflecting on accomplishments in the leaving year and plan for those in the coming year. Brian and I had some quality time during date night on Friday to discuss our future plans without children interrupting, this doesn't happen very often. We are both very encouraged at the progress we've made over the past year and look forward to sharing our updates soon.
Another fresh start in the toy department. Yesterday, we spent a good part of the afternoon cleaning out toy boxes/baskets around the house, putting away toys that don't get much attention anymore or are no longer age appropriate. Out with the old, in with the new. It's amazing how neater the whole house appeared and how much calmer mommy's disposition was once this task was completed.
The year is going out in a book reading boom for moi. Gasp - I've completed two, yep - you read that right, two books this week. Sadly, I completed the Josephine B series. I loved, loved, loved these books, thanks Jennifer again for introducing me to them! To get past my melancholy over finishing the last one, I immediately dove into a light reading, How To Teach Filthy Rich Girls by Zoey Dean. It was so light, that it only lasted two days. Now I'm onto blink, which I believe should be a bit more thought provoking.
Be safe and have a fun New Year's! Ours will be spent at home with our friends from up the street, plans for food, games and entertaining the children. Hopefully the sky will stay clear and we can enjoy the AdAmAn fireworks again this year.
2 comments:
Happy New Year! You'll have to tell me about these Josephine books - I am always looking for good reads. Right now I am enjoying Wicked...hope to see it on Broadway one day.
You are such a good writer, Julie. I love reading your blog posts. Happy New Year!
Post a Comment