Ionto patch that is! Iontophoretic Transdermal Delivery of a "cortizone-like" anti-inflammatory for my shin. So far, so good. I had inflammed tissue that felt like a lump on my shin, and have been able to feel both by reduction in pain and rubbing my fingers over the spot that the tissue is calming down.Three treatments down, two to go. My PT, who is also a runner, used the same technique to get her through some ITB issues before one of her marathons and it did the trick. Keeping my fingers crossed that it also works for me!
In case you are wondering, since I haven't updated - marathon is still a GO. Only goal is to finish, considering my last LONG run will have been 6 weeks prior to the race. Not quite the taper I was planning on. So, don't care how long it takes me. I'll be going out super slow and seeing how I feel but finishing is my top priority. There will be other marathons to break 4 hours (conservative goal when training was going well), there will be other marathons to shoot for a BQ (aggressive goal when training was going well). In short, there will be others. This one will be about enjoying the Georgia spring weather, enjoying a visit with friends and overcoming this setback by being a finisher.
No comments:
Post a Comment