I had an MRI done the Tuesday after ING Georgia. Today was results day with the ortho - and it was good! No stress fracture, but definitely severe shin splints. They are already on the mend, which is also great news. I haven't run at all since the marathon and don't plan to do so until I can get out of my specs.
That's my other news for the week. I'm out of contacts, letting my eyes settle before going in next week for my LASIK pre-screen. Assuming Dr. Wright gives me the thumbs up, I'll be scheduling my full pre-op and surgery as soon as possible. I haven't worn glasses this much since I was a kid so it is kind of a pain, but will be so worth it in the end. The worst part is exercising in them because they tend to want to slide when I work up a sweat. Thus, I'll be on a running hiatus until after the surgery and the Doc gives me the go for higher impact activity. Hoping this allows my shins time to fully recover and be ready to get back at it. I'll be avoiding harder running surfaces and easing back into the mileage, with plans to get in a few 1/2 marathons and hopefully a full before the end of this year. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Weekend was a great time for us girls. With Brian out of town, we had so much fun palling around together. Saturday, we headed up to Denver for my little cousin's 7th birthday party. I have several first cousins that all have children close to Emma and Camryn's age so these get-togethers are always so much fun for them. Of course, my mom and her siblings like to reminisce about the days when it was all of us cousins running around the backyard playing. To them, it seems like just yesterday. Sunday was movie day, we went with Cam's little friend, Lauren, to see Horton Hears A Who, super cute! Oh - and I finished reading Change of Heart by Piccoult. The book again reminded me why she is one of my favorite authors.
I'm starting to get spring fever and have a list a mile long of all the things I'd like to get done around the house this spring/summer. I'm hoping to get a window treatment consultant out to the house in the next few weeks, as fixing up our windows with some color is at the top of my list. I'd love to say that I have the time to make them myself, but that will have to wait until another day. We need to build shelving in our basement storage area so that I can put all of my seasonal decor in accessible storage. Right now, it's in boxes and extremely difficult to get to whenever I need to pull something out. The garage needs to be cleaned up a little, putting away the strollers and other items that we won't be needing any time soon. The more I think about it, the longer the list grows! Here's hoping the week keeps looking up from here!
3 comments:
Great news about your MRI Jules! Hope everything goes well with the LASIK appt. Have a good week!
Good Luck with the LASIK surgery. I have heard nothing but amazing results, I'm really excited for you! I also hope your legs heal quickly!
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope your shin splints heal quickly so you can start your next training cycle!
And, good luck with the LASIK surgery - I had it a few years ago, and love being able to run without glasses/contacts.
Post a Comment