Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Seeing is believing

Typically, I don't live my life by this famous dictum. But, with eye surgery now just under three weeks away, this was the first thought that came to mind. How wonderful will it be to have 20/20 vision correction without specs or contacts?? I CAN NOT wait! Surgery - morning of May 6th.

After nervously awaiting my pre-screen appointment yesterday, I am excited to say it is official. See, I had gone for a pre-screen in mid-February but the orb scan or topography screening was a little abnormal. I did not remove my contacts prior to that appointment AND I had been using antibiotic drops to ward off pink eye from the girls. Dr. Wright wanted me to be out of the contacts for at least a week before coming back in. I actually opted for two weeks sans contacts just to be sure. But I was nervous! We had socked away the cash money to cover LASIK expenses in our health care reimbursement account this year. What if the dr had said I wasn't a candidate? In hindsight, I should have gone for the pre-screen before benefits enrollment. It worked out though, glad we won't have to break a few bones to get all of our money out of the account. It will now get allocated appropriately towards fixin' my eyes - yahoo!!

3 comments:

Allison Burwell said...

I'm going on just over a year after eye surgery and it's so worth it! I'm still amazed today how well I can see and I don't have the hassle of contacts or glasses!! Good luck with the surgery!

Debbie said...

Whew! I'm glad the prescreen worked out for you. Good luck with surgery, we'll be thinking of you. I hope the snow disappears and sun returns soon.

Audrey said...

I had lasik surgery two years ago in May, and, besides marrying Gary, it was the best decisions I've ever made. Because of my age, the doc warned me I might still need to wear reading glasses, but to his amazement, and mine, I haven't needed them. If I'm very tired or the print is very small, I'll slip some on, but otherwise it's good. I never knew how wonderful the world could look when you get to see it the moment your eyes open in the morning. I'm sure everything will so smoothly, and can't wait to hear what you think about your new "outlook on life".