Friday, July 18, 2008

Duck, Duck....Goose!

Hungry, hungry ducks. Emma and Camryn are happy to share some bread with them. Last weekend was a bit breezy for the pool so instead we headed up to Palmer Lake, which apparently is the highest spring fed lake in the U.S.? And it's just a short 10 minute drive for us, gotta love that. One thing that never fails to amaze me is how entertaining a low-cost outing can be for children. We had other options of entertainment for the day, several we would have forked over a little dough for, but the girls had an absolute blast taking snacks to the lake, feeding the ducks, running around the playground and riding their bike/trike. We did swing by Rock House for ice cream on the way home. Perfect way to wrap up a perfect play day.

So much beauty in the picture below. One -my littlest of munchkins and two - the beautiful landscape in the background. Reminds me of one reason I love Colorado so much. If you click the picture to enlarge it, you can kind of see Camryn's bang-up bang job. It's growing....slowly. Not too much on tap for this weekend. Trying to keep it low-key since we leave next week for our trip. Brian and I plan to get in a little bit of golf, early morning long run for me and swimming pool time as a family. This time next week, we'll be in Barcelona! I'm trying not to think about how much we are going to miss the girls. Don't get me wrong, I couldn't be more excited to spend some good, quality alone time with my hubby. We are both so looking forward to it, but I know we are going to miss our girlies and be ready to get home to see them. The grandparents will be keeping them busy, so I wonder if they will miss us the same??

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I'm so excited for you re: your trip -- I know you'll miss the girls but think what a great, great time you'll have! Ah, I envy you!

I also am begging (practically) Scott to think about a move back to Colorado. I don't think this is our place, and I miss it there a ton!

I'm really thinking I'll try to do the Buena Vista run based on what the OB says tomorrow. I've got my mom signed up to babysit, so if I can get there on Thursday or Friday of that week in Sept. I want to do it.

Have a FABULOUS trip if I don't talk to/write you again before you head out. You will love it.