Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Just as expected

Here we are. A week and a half from Halloween with our first snow on the ground. Yep, right on time. It's pretty much a given here in beautiful CO that we will get snow on or around Halloween. The first couple of years we lived here, I was always surprised but now that I've come to expect it, it's kind of fun. The girls were super excited when I got home from the gym this morning - running around yelling "It snowed, it snowed". They couldn't wait to slip into their snow boots for school and get all bundled up in their heavy winter coats. Wish I felt that way!

Believe it or not, we actually had an amazingly beautiful weekend for weather. I was so glad that we had some outdoor things planned and were in town to enjoy it. Georgia Tech pulled off another win, Boo at the Zoo was a blast and we had some great quality family time. What more can you ask for?

The past two weeks have been full of surprises, nice surprises. For starts, Camryn is transitioning up to the next classroom at school. She'll be in the Primary classroom next door to Emma that has children from ages just under 3 all the way up to 5. This is one of the things I love about Montessori, in that they combine children of different ages. It allows the younger children to learn so much from the older and provides an environment for the older children to refine their skills by teaching and showing the younger children. Emma is one of the "older" kids in her classroom now and she has completely stepped up into more of a leadership role in her classroom. It's amazing to watch her progress. Anyway, with this transition, our monthly childcare bill will go down about 120 bucks a month - woohoo!

Another bonus last week was my dining room drapes getting installed. My curtain lady came on Friday to put them up and they are beautiful! For some reason, I get so nervous about settling on fabrics and designs because I just don't have the ability to envision what the finished product is going to look like. And window treatments are not cheap, so I worry that once they get put up I'm not going to like them. Hasn't been the case yet with the work our gal has done for us, so score!

We have some busy-ness coming up, so I'll check back in next week some time. Nanna and Pappa will be here on Friday and Grammy and Papa Mike also get back from their month-long cruise vacation so the kiddos will have lots of grandparent love to receive. I'll post some pictures from our couple's Halloween party as well, fun stuff!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh fun stuff, snow! I hope we can expect at least a little snow here, or maybe in a few weeks when I'm in Boulder I'll get some. Glad your windows are happies. I need to head that way in this house and as yet haven't felt ready to conquer it. Happy fall!