Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Pumpkins and Papas

I love October. Fall is in the air. Activities with the kids are aplenty. Holidays are right around the corner. It's just a great month. Ours started out busy and is going to end on that note.

Emma and I had a special Mommy/Daughter event last Sunday, we went to see the Olympic Gymnastic Stars Show here in town. We had so much fun watching the gymnastic events during the games, and it was great to see the amazing athletes again up close.

Last week was also Emma's annual pumpkin patch field trip. This year they visited the Colorado Pumpkin Patch, which is very close to our 'hood. Her and her classmates had the best time! There was a fun slide for them to go down, it was very fast too - as I found out when I rode down with Emma! They found their way through the maze, played on tractors and picked out their very own special pumpkins to take home.

To finish off the week, the girls and I took a trip to see my 91 year old grandpa in Kansas. Brian had planned to go with us, but with the craziness at work, he couldn't afford to be away on Friday. His phone is literally ringing off the hook. So - girl trip! We headed out Friday morning, driving across the lovely state of Kansas. Could there be a more boring drive? I shouldn't say that, because I had two wonderful little girls in the backseat keeping me entertained. I think they quite enjoyed getting to overload on movies since they don't get to do that at home! My grandpa was so excited to see us, you could see his face light up. He's not getting around so well anymore and we are thankful for every moment that we have with him.

And as I sat here today looking through my calendar, there are is so much more fun planned for the remainder of the month. Tomorrow night is Family Night at the club - spaghetti dinner and Ratatouille showing. My mom is coming down this weekend for Boo at the Zoo, we are taking Camryn back to the pumpkin patch (she was a little sad she didn't get to go with Emma), Emma has a classmate birthday party and we are planning to take my girlfriend that finished the Kona Ironman competition last Saturday out for brunch to celebrate! Next week is book club, a Bar Mitzvah, adult Halloween party, kids Halloween party, and a wedding that Nanna and Pappa will be coming from Las Vegas for. I'll post more pictures as we celebrate our way through October.

Happy Fall!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I am so envious of your time management skills - y'all live life to the fullest and somehow don't show the stress :) I am still figuring out how to juggle baby, work, running, cooking and time to just relax. Have a wonderful rest of October!!

Jennifer said...

Glad you're having a fun month and that you got to go see your granddad!