Monday, December 15, 2008

Better late than never

I completely forgot Jennifer had tagged me a couple of weeks ago and I never responded. I did actually start thinking about it while we were in Vegas but then spaced it after we returned. So here ya go:

Six interesting (?) or maybe "weird" things about me:
1) I can touch the tip of my tongue to the tip of my nose. Not sure if it's because I have a long Gene Simmons-like tongue, the spacing between tongue/nose is small or I just have a really long nose...nonetheless, any time I mention I can do this, people want to see.

2) I like to drive fast. Mario Andretti fast. Maybe there is a reason we share the same birthday? I've had to reign it in for sure since having kids - I would never put their lives at risk. But I admit it, I like to go really fast.

3) I'm totally addicted to the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer. Just finished the first book last night and read the intro to the next book, New Moon, and can already see I am not going to be able to put that one down either. Who would have ever thought I would enjoy a book about vampires? but it has that whole teen love/drama plot to it that just sucks me in.

4) About the teen love/drama stories, I still watch stupid shows like the new 90210. Loved The OC, when it was on. What is it with me and the teen drama?

5) I'm oddly and newly fascinated with history, meaning like world war histories and cultural clashes. I say this is odd because I seriously disliked history in my youth. Give me math, give me science, even give me English/literature and I was fine. But make me read and learn from a history book and I despised it. I think finding good books written as historical recounts from someone that was there is key for me. It's fun though, with my husband being a history buff, he enjoys recommending reads for me.

6) I have no idea how gray my hair would actually be now if I stopped coloring it. I'm not embarrassed to admit this publicly because if you have ever seen my mom, it is pretty obvious where the grays came from. She started going gray at 17. My hair is not quite as dark as hers but I definitely have patches that seem to be multiplying. I am not going to age gracefully, I will go down kicking and fighting....and with a little hair color to help me along the way!
And now, I pass the torch on to:

2 comments:

Amanda said...

No worries, I color my hair, I watch the new 90210 AND I am almost done with New Moon...I bought the entire Twilight set. So I am right there with you. I don't have the tongue ability though...

Jules said...

Amanda, I knew there was a reason you are one of my best friends!