Thursday, December 18, 2008

Goodies for All

Well, we didn't get quite as fancy as the Takoma Park family (Laura, you need to post your gingerbread house pic to your blog), but the girls had a great time decorating their houses this year. One candy on, one candy in the mouth...repeat. It's much more fun to decorate gingerbread houses in your princess dress. Heck, we do everything in our princess dresses!
Finished products. Emma's is on the left, Cam's is on the right. You can tell Emma is very much into order this year, she put the dots and little balls on the roof and lined them up in a "pattern" as she calls it!
I've been a baking fool since Sunday. See loaves below, of which I have made 8 thus far. 6 have gone to neighbors, 1 to a co-worker and 1 we kept at home. Recipe - yum, yum!
"Wreaths" for Camryn's holiday party on Friday. Had to get them done last night since we are going to Elmo show tonight! If you are looking for an easy and somewhat "healthier" party treat, see recipe.

It's been a fantastic month so far; however, going by way too fast! I love this time of the year, and with so many wonderful friends and family members to spend it with, we are truly feeling blessed. We still have some fun things planned through the end of the year, so check back with us for more pictures. If you have time, check out this article that Jennifer posted. I enjoyed reading it! So many of us are focusing on "less is more" this holiday season and this article reinforces all the wonderful reasons for doing so!

2 comments:

Takoma Volpe said...

Julie, thanks for the shout out to my gingerbread house! :) My grandmother used to make those wreaths - I love them! Looks like you all are having a great time this season! Miss you!

nancy said...

Can you believe it's all over already? Tomorrow the inlaws are taking my children for an entire week. A WEEK! I don't know if I should be sad or happy!