Thursday, April 16, 2009

Absent

I've been neglecting Jules Jabber lately, I apologize. Time has not been abundant, if only I could get a few more hours in my day. We've been busy as all get out and, unfortunately, I've let my stress level get a bit higher than I typically manage. Since I really don't have much time to put up this post, I'm giving a list of what's going on with us.
  • Dear hubby has spent the past few months toying with a career move, which was a large cause of stress for both of us. The decision has been made, at least for the foreseeable future, ahhhhhh - deep breath. He's sleeping and eating again. Stressful.

  • Easter weekend was very relaxing, especially considering the weather was quite snowy and we were stuck inside all weekend. The down side is our children have yet to experience an outdoors Easter here in Colorado. Maybe we'll have to make another Easter trip to Phoenix next year! The girls did go over to a neighbor's house on Saturday, a lady who has pretty much adopted them as her surrogate grandchildren. They made little Easter baskets for the neighbors and delivered them.

  • Emma got into the full day Kindergarten classroom that was our top choice for her this Fall. Her very first school acceptance letter, "that's cool" <-Emma's new favorite phrase
  • Our college friend, Trey, made it out to visit with us for a weekend - very enjoyable time!

  • We finally have our very own Ann Taylor Loft here in town! Well, this could be dangerous, since I rarely buy online due to not being sure on size/fit and never get to Denver for shopping...and now, it's a little too accessible.

  • This weekend is wedding weekend for Brian's good buddy from high school. B is in the wedding, so we have rehearsal dinner activity, wedding and reception. On top of this, I also need to get in at least one more long type of run before the Colorado 1/2 in two weeks.

  • I have no time expectations whatsoever for this upcoming running event. Why? Well, basically I just don't have the time or energy to put into the type of training I would need to do to set a time goal. No idea when I will have these resources available again to me, so carrying on with my goal to just be fit and healthy this year and keep up with the activities I enjoy.

  • And lastly, but this is the best - Disney World! Here we come! Yep, we'll soon be off for a family vacation. so. excited!

I'm still praying for some changes that I initiated last week that would be such a blessing for our family life. It's out of my hands at this point but I am staying positive and will share with everyone once I actually have some news to share. And, no, I'm not pregnant :)

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Would love to hear that you are pregnant with the rest of us, but I definitely understand! I hope the situation works out for the best (of both worlds?). Have a magical time in Disney!

Amanda said...

We've had some tough decisions to make recently as well, both financially and family related. It's not easy and I hear ya on the lack of sleep due to stress!! I see your exercise blog...you appear very much in shape to me:) And yes I am extra jealous bc I feel like a fat blob right now - you should see my turtle-like running form. Have a wonderful trip to FL. Y'all take care and I am thinking of you & the fam.

Jennifer said...

Hope all's well and that you have a super trip!