Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Breaking new ground

All around. I'm even becoming one with the ground, as you can see from Sunday's trail running injury. I guess it was bound to happen eventually but for some reason, I had a strong feeling it was going to happen on Sunday - I was tripping over stuff going UP the mountain. Slid on some gravel coming back down and bit the dust! Guess if I was going to bite it, good thing I went down on the meatiest part of my body, that healthy outer thigh.

It's only Tuesday but I have to say being at home with the girls has been quite nice. Wonder what we have been filling our time with? Both girls were in desperate need of a hair trim and Emma went from this -> to this. 
Can't believe I let her cut that much off but that's what she wanted. I had the stylist put it in a ponytail for the first big cut so I could bring that chunk home. I, of course, loved it afterwards! We also had swim lessons yesterday and helped daddy celebrate his 10th anniversary at work with a cake from Whole Foods bakery - yum!

Today has been eventful as well. We started off with some phonetics and writing before heading over to the library for story time. Arms were overflowing with a stack of books when we left. The girls are napping now, my one little reprieve during the day, so I'm playing on my new computer. We'll being working on some flower pots this afternoon when they wake up.

Tomorrow, we have plans to meet up with friends at the zoo in the morning. This is after I go down to the Sheriff's evidence office to sift through stuff found in a theft ring raid. My car got broken into this past December, during which my computer bag was stolen. Said computer bag contained more than just my work pc, so who knows - maybe I'll retrieve a thing or two! 

Before I go, a quick shout out to my friends from work that gave me a nice happy hour before my departure! I miss you guys...hope all is well!


3 comments:

Amanda said...

Sorry about your boo-boo...hadley would love to see that and point it out to you every 5 minutes. She also thinks freckles and pimples are boo-boos so I should be covered in bandages apparently. LOL!

Debbie said...

Ouch! That looks painful. I'm glad that you are enjoying your time home so far. Summer will fly by!

Takoma Volpe said...

Ouch! Hope you had a great time at MB, we did! Sounds like you are really enjoying the stay at home mom role! Keep us posted with your creative ideas, I could use the motivation. ")