Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Time is not on my side

I mean, really, how did I ever find the time to blog more when I was working full time than I do now that I am at home with the girls?? Well, for starters, it had something to do with me taking a few minutes out of my working day to enjoy a breather, update my blog, pay a bill or two, keep up on personal correspondence. Now I just can barely find the time to keep up bills and correspondence, in between play dates, swimming lessons, pool time, workouts, house cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping, cooking, errands, you name it.

If I sound like I am complaining, you got me completely wrong. I am LOVING it! We are staying so busy, having a wonderful summer - BUT I have learned in 3 1/2 short weeks how many of the grand plans I had for getting some things done over the summer are going to take longer than expected. Like getting all the baby gear cleaned out of storage to donate and sale, cleaning out old books to trade or sale, taking a stab at window treatments for our bathroom, and other such projects. Ha! Nobody wants to do this stuff when the weather is beautiful and you can be outside. Winter projects, perhaps??

4 comments:

Takoma Volpe said...

Ah Jules, summer can be the hardest time for us SAHMs to get things done. I vote for fall - the kids are in school (at least in the morning), you have a few hours for yourself during the weeks, and change is all around you, just begging you to clean out and get ready for winter.
I'm glad to see you're enjoying being at home.

Amanda said...

I already have projects lined up for myself during maternity leave...we'll see if they actually get done. Glad all is well and you are having lots of fun!

Debbie said...

I'm right there with you! I have projects that I want to do before the baby arrives, and I thought summer would be the perfect time with no school. Well, I think that I'll make a list and maybe if I can cross off a couple of things, I will feel like I've accomplished something or feel guilty and force myself to get something done!

nancy said...

Hey, thanks for callings. We can try to have a ginormous baby stuff dual garage sale? I've got the time now ~wink~