Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Almost Relay Time!

Tomorrow afternoon, I'll be heading to the airport to pick up Alesha, Shannon, Ryan and Kristin for the trip to Ft. Collins, where the Wild West Relay begins on Friday morning. Exciting! Our team is the Dangerous Dozen, and I'll be runner #6. Here's the lowdown on my legs:


































































So, individually, my 3 legs do not appear that daunting. I estimate, I'll be running Leg 1 mid-morning on Friday, Leg 2 late night on Friday and Leg 3 early morning on Saturday. That's where it gets difficult, is the lack of decent rest over the duration of the relay. We have a nice hotel in Steamboat Springs for Saturday night, thanks to Bobbi!, so I'll be looking forward to a nice hot tub soak when we are done.

I'll try to post short blog updates along the course, whenever I can get cell service. "Can you hear me now?". And of course, I'll take tons of pictures along the way to share when we return. Wish us luck!

Better get going, still have to pack, finish some last minute shopping, and get the family all set for my three days away. Oh! And my in-laws get in town on Monday, better make sure we are all ready for their visit as well.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! You are going "away" for the weekend AND return home to prep for the inlaws... impressive... :) -cw

Amanda said...

Good luck, be safe and have fun! Hope to do something like this one day. I sure wish we had better race opportunities here in Atlanta.

Debbie said...

You are super cool. I love to hear your race stories, as I just don't think I have it in me.