Emma started Kindergarten today. We went to her Meet the Teacher last Thursday and she was soooo super excited about going to the big kid school with all of her neighborhood friends. She couldn't quit talking about the library, computers, gym, cafeteria, playground. I really thought this morning would be a cinch.
We started off with a good breakfast, while Mommy captured some video. Then, got all dolled up in the first day of school, cute argyle outfit. We took pictures outside while waiting on our friends who were walking down to the school with us. She was so happy and excited!
That all changed quickly when we got down to the cafeteria for drop off and she realized that the table she was meeting at, sort of her "homeroom" teacher, was not the same table our neighbor friends were assigned to. As a matter of fact, she didn't know anyone at the table when we first got there. The cafeteria was loud with all of the elementary school meeting in there. Parents were everywhere since it was the first day of school. I mean really, it was kind of overwhelming.
Tears. Sobbing. Ugh, my heart breaking. I finally got her calmed down with my take a deep breath (yoga mantra), and stuck around for a little while longer until I knew it would actually be better if I weren't there, as she would start to cry any time I went over to check on her. I knew she would be fine once things settled down a bit and they started the daily routine.
As expected, when I walked down to pick her up in the afternoon, she came bursting out of the school with a huge smile on her face. She had a great day! Whew! We made it through our first day of school.
7 comments:
ahhh she looks like such a sweetheart. the argyle is too cute. glad she ended up in smiles. :)
good to hear she ended up doing ok! she looks adotrable!
aww first day jitters, she's such a cutie
Wow, Emma's first day (and now 2nd day) already...she is so adorable! Best wishes to both girls for a wonderful school year!
oh, too cute. i love her expression in the picture of her sitting in the cafeteria holding onto her lunchbox. too cute. and, i'm glad mommy survived day 1 too. -cw
How precious. So glad that it turned out well. I know you we anxious all day to find out how it was going!
Lovely girl! I'm so glad the tears turned to a smile by then end of the day!
Post a Comment