Saturday, September 5, 2009

Check, Check, One-Two-Three

We're still here! Finally finding some time today to come up for air. I'm listening to the end of the Georgia game (poor Dawgs) and thinking about how happy I am that Fall is just around the corner. Summer was awesome, but I really like when that crispness hits the air. This morning, it was mostly just fogginess, which actually turned out to be pretty cool for our pre-dawn 16-mile run.

Fall brings college football (of course), but also pumpkin patches, trick-or-treating and holidays. Both girls already have their Halloween costumes, Emma is Dorothy from Wizard of Oz and Camryn is Peter Pan. So typical for my little one, she has no care, whatsoever, that Peter Pan is a boy and doesn't wear a cute little dress. She just cares that he helps save people and that was good enough reason for her. Georgia Tech won their first game today, looking forward to seeing what they can do when they hit the real competition for the season. Also can't wait to dust off some of those football recipes and have friends over to watch the games!

We have a four-day weekend, with Labor Day and school also being out on Tuesday for Emma, so we are recharging our batteries and also have some fun activities planned. The girls and I are planning to join our neighbors on Tuesday at The North Pole. Brian and I are also playing some golf on Monday. It's taken all summer and 8 group golf lessons, but I'm finally starting to see some improvement in my game. It's not anything to run out and sign up for the LPGA over, but just enough to get a little self satisfaction.

Happy Labor Day Weekend, All!

What are your favorite things about Fall? Do you have a local pumpkin patch that your children enjoy?

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I was Peter Pan twice...the 2nd time around bc Devon just had to be Tinkerbell so I was forced into duty again. Poor Dawgs is right, especially when my husband and my $$ were in Stillwater - ugh. Hopefully Tech can provide the highlights for this household this fall! Should be an interesting season for the Broncos??

nancy said...

Hey! I really like the new look of your blog! ;)

Hope your weekend was wonderful. I used up all my energy with the balloon festival. It being 3 minutes from my house makes it too hard to really say "no" to the balloons, which went up at 7am on monday!

RunToTheFinish said...

aww they have costumes...gosh I can't even believe halloweeen is nearby!!

Sonal Modisette said...

I can't believe you have costumes already - you're a great mom :)

I dont follow football much anymore - but I hear the Dawgs redeemed themselves this weekend