Grumble, grumble. Grouch, grouch.
Haven't run in four days. Wednesday's run = painful. Again. I've had too many disappointing and painful runs in the past month to count. Wednesday put me over the top, so I decided to hang up my shoes for a whole week. Definitely a challenge for me, mentally and physically. I'd like to say I enjoy the rest, but it kind of makes me grumpy.
Main pain is stemming from my sciatic nerve, driving down into my left leg. Pain just shoots through my leg with every strike, sort of like a knife stabbing me each time my foot hits the pavement. Not fun. Then right quad starts to cramp up, probably because it's taking on more of the work avoiding from the left side that is killing.
When I have extra time on my hands, I do get other neglected chores done. That's a bonus, right? For example, I spent all day Thursday cleaning out closets. On Friday, I took two 45-gallon lawn bags, as well as seven shopping bags of clothes and toys to the goodwill.
Well, if any of my running bloggie friends have suggestions on relieving sciatic pain, please drop me a line. Had a massage on Tuesday, which helps some. Keeping up with my regular yoga sessions, seems to help loosen the area up. Need some new idea before my husband has me committed.
Gah!
5 comments:
hey girl - I am sorry I didn't realize how much pain you are in :(
hang in there - I empathize completely.
Oh man, that sucks! I'll ask around -- my friend Becky is a PT -- maybe she'll have some suggestions. Hang in there, friend.
oh i am so sorry, I certainly understand how you feel mentally when you CAN'T run. Hope you feel better soon; sounds very painful.
UGH! I think we all know how hard the not running is...but yes it can be very productive energy
oh man. I wish I had some suggestions for you. when I can't run I eat ice cream by the truckload. I would recommend NOT doing that, as it's totally counter productive (but absolutely delicious....). Feel better soon!
Post a Comment