Pikes Peak Ascent training has officially begun. We had our first "true" mountain run this past weekend, where we climbed up 2,800' over the course of six miles on Ute Pass Trail/Longs Ranch Road, then came back down Barr Trail into Manitou. It was a great run for me, I felt really strong which is a bonus after the weak Colfax run I had just the weekend before.
This week, I've been dealing with some hip flexor/piriformis issues that have kind of benched me, ugh. Keeping the ice going and had an awesome deep tissue massage yesterday, so crossing fingers it will go away. I sometimes feel like it never ends, but I know if I listen to my body and give it the recovery it needs, I will get stronger and be okay. It's nerve-racking though, and makes me more nervous, since I'll be at sea level for four days next week, to come back and race the Garden of the Gods 10-miler a week later. Ah well, I'm just hoping to run this series strong and learn a few things along the way. Not to mention, the fun I'm already having with my training buddies. That's what I love the most! As Jennifer says "On-on!"
Me, with Sonal, at the Rock Arch coming back down Barr Trail


2 comments:
you rocked that training run - inspiring! Smart thing to give yourself the recovery you need to heal -but I know it's hard!
My friend, John Ramos, will be running in the Garden of the Gods race too! Good luck to you both :)
Post a Comment