Sunday, September 19, 2010

Picture update

Since I haven't had much time to update this month, I'm giving you a quick update with pictures. The first two pics are from our Labor Day Weekend in Aspen/Snowmass. The drive over Independence Pass is one of our favorites and we always have to get out at the top of the Continental Divide for pictures. The weekend was super relaxing. We enjoyed some easy hikes with the kids, biking around Snowmass, ice cream trip into Aspen and visiting with Brian's Aunt Audrey and Uncle. We had lunch with them at the famous Woody Creek Tavern, where we ran into Jimmy Ibbotson (Nitty Gritty Dirt Band).
Top of Independence Pass
Elk Camp via Gondola ride
Emma and friends after 1st Landsharks XC Meet
Emma had her first Landsharks XC Meet the week after Labor Day. She has been begging me to run Landsharks since last spring's track season, so we signed her up for the fall season and she LOVES it! I have to say, she's a pretty darn good runner too! When she made her first turn into the 1/2 mile race, she was in 2nd place and finished 3rd overall out of 60 little girls. She was the first girl runner for her school, we are so proud of our little runner! We've also been busy with Camryn's soccer schedule. She is playing Pride soccer this year and really enjoying it. She's scored the first goal for her team in both games they've had already. She's quite aggressive with the ball and incredibly adorable running around the field with her curly little ponytail.
The Ladies at Night Rider Golf Tournament
Brian and I played our last couple's tournament of the season this past Friday. It's the best tournament of the year, where we play 9 holes in the afternoon, come in for dinner, then play 4 holes in the dark with glow balls. I haven't been playing much now that the girls are back in school and the days consist of shuttling them around, volunteering in classrooms and trying to sneak in a few chores and a workout in between it all.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Thanks for the update! I love the new picture at the top of the blog...it's like a litte Julie. Glad that you all are having fun.

Jeri said...

Seriously how beautiful are your little ones?!!?? If one goes missing, I shall be the #1 suspect.... can I have dibs on the runner? That just seems to make sense. :p Jk.

Jennifer said...

Looks like good stuff! Go Emma and Cam!