Thursday, March 24, 2011

Daddy's Little Girls

Daddy had the pleasure of escorting his two little princesses to the Daddy/Daughter Dance a few weekends ago. They always look forward to this event, which I just love for many reasons. I so want our daughters to have a strong relationship with their Daddy. I never realized as I was growing up, just what an impact fathers can have on their daughters, both positive and negative. Now that we are raising girls, I can clearly see how a father can encourage confidence, independence, and strength in little girls, paving the way for them to develop healthy relationships in the future. They are fortunate to have a Daddy that also understands the importance of his role in their lives.

Working on the curtsy

Emma

Camryn

Daddy and his girls

Growing up too fast


4 comments:

Amanda said...

I understand completely and thankfully Marsh takes his role very seriously as well. Both girls get one on one time with Daddy often which is so very important. Not to mention all the fun they have when I travel for work...yes, appparently I am the mean parent :)I prefer "rules enforcer".

Sonal Modisette said...

they are so gorgeous! love your post!

Debbie said...

They look so grown up in these pictures. I agree completely on the impact of fathers!

Jennifer said...

Pretty, pretty girls, Julie! And Amen again to your post about dads.