Saturday, March 10, 2007

Busy Weekend Ahead

The weeekend started off with an unsuccessful attempt at game night with some friends. It's funny because our friendship with this couple is evidence in the whole "small world" theory. I got an email from a sorority sister and former roomie about two years ago that her sister-in-law and husband were moving to town. Both of them are Tech alum, just like Brian and I and my friend and her husband (wonder if we are raising any future Yellow Jackets??). Anyway, it turns out that the husband was also in Brian's fraternity at Tech as well, so we have all kinds of connections with them. We try to get together whenever we can, definitely football games in the fall, birthday parties and we recently started game nights. Problem is Camryn wouldn't settle down in the portacrib at their house last night and Emma didn't nap at school so started getting grumpy early - thus, our game night got cut short. Oh well, there will be more to come...

Saturday did get off to a good start. I met my friend, Jennifer, for a run this morning. We did a steady 10 miles and I was happy to get in that much, as I'm battling an inner ear infection that's got my equilibrium all out of whack - but that's another story! Anyway, it was a good run, I'm so sad that Jennifer and her family are moving this summer - it's been great getting to know her on our runs. Here we are at the finish. There was a pack of Boy Scouts finishing the trail around the same time as us, so we got them to take our picture.


I came home to find this. Daddy and the girls were playing dress up. I know Brian always thought he would be the father of at least one boy, that's no secret. But I have to say, he has adapted to princess play quite well!

We are heading to a wine tasting/trunk show at the club tonight, and then I have lunch with two girlfriends, Amy and Tricia, tomorrow. We've been trying to get together for over a month now, so I'm looking forward to our gathering!

Other than that, I need to get started on my next book club book - Caucasia. We are also reading The Glass Castle soon, which I have heard is fabulous. Thanks for the book recommendations on the run this morning, Jennifer! We'll have to check some of those out.

Chow for now!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Thanks for a great run this morning. Cute picture of Camryn! We should get our fams together some time before we move. Next time we run I'm sure you'll be feeling better. Have fun tonight and at your lunch tomorrow -
j