Saturday, March 17, 2007

Off the Record PR

What an absolutely beautiful day! Temps in the 70's, blue skies - could not have asked for better conditions for this morning's St. Patty's day race. You'd think I would know better after all the races I have run to not register on race morning but for some reason I didn't have my act together on this one and did just that. Wouldn't you know they would run out of timing chips on the day I set my new 5k PR. I wouldn't have placed in my age group, regardless, so it wasn't a big deal. Anyway, my time was unrecorded by the officials and I'll just have to capture it here. Pre-race goal - 25 min, Finish time - 23:46! LOVE the new GPS watch (bday present), made it so much easier to track pace and keep myself on target with a 7:37 min/mile avg. Guess the speed training and consistent winter running is paying off!

Since I felt great after the race and didn't feel like I was going to keel over, I now feel comfortable publishing a couple of race goals for this year. If I stay healthy, keep up the training and conditions are right, I know these are all within reach. Bolder Boulder - 50 min, Garden 10-Miler - 1:25, Denver 1/2 marathon - 1:50. We'll see what this summer/fall has in store!

The girls really enjoyed watching the parade! Emma's favorites were the horses, clowns and dogs that marched. Apparently the truck-load of cheerleaders waving their pom-poms also caught her attention because she told me on the way home that she wants to be a cheerleader. Daddy is going to love hearing that - not! Camryn enjoyed all the activity but had a hard time sitting in her stroller for long. Thankfully, my friend Amy was there to walk Camryn over to the park and let her stretch her legs.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie your girls are beautiful!! Glad you had nice weather for the parade, looks like they had fun!

- Karin

Anonymous said...

What great pictures of the girls in their strollers! The one of Emma is especially cute, she's such a little girl! Glad you all had a good time, and congrats on the race time!