It's a girl's weekend - yay! Not that I'm celebrating Brian being gone, because it's sure hard being a single parent - but, he has been working so hard and deserves his guy weekend in Vegas. I am not at all envious of what they will be doing all weekend...basketball, basketball and more basketball. I'm sure Amanda - my dear Sports Queen friend, would be in heaven.
Anyway, I'm quite looking forward to a weekend with just me and the girls. We have some fun activities planned. St. Patty's Day parade downtown on Saturday and a 4-yr old birthday party on Sunday. We'll also get in a trip or two to the park if the weather permits - come on beautiful weather, hold out for this weekend.
I'm also running the St. Patty's Day 5k before the parade - this is one of my favorite races of the year. I've run it 5 of the past 6 years, only missing 2004 because I was 4 weeks post-partum with Emma. I even ran it last year 7 weeks after having Camryn and finished in a respectable 28 minutes! I love this race because every year it is sort of my launching point for the spring/summer race season. Soon to follow after this race, it will be Bolder Boulder time, then Garden of the Gods 10-miler.
And before I forget, cute picture of Emma from this morning. She had her school pictures today and I dressed her up like a little Southern girl, in her little yellow jacket smocked bishop dress.
4 comments:
Have a great Girls weekend!! :) Emma looks adorable in her dress and bow, and Mia wanted me to ask what happened to Emma's dolly to warrant a bandaid? We had a similar dolly with a duct-tape "band-aid" around her neck - yeah, don't ask.
:) Laura
Have a wonderful time this weekend! The girls will love the parade. Hope the run goes well too!
Go Georgia Tech! Envious of the cute little girl clothes!
hey julie! i'm getting caught up! congrats on your super st. patty's day time and your running goals. i was glad to get to meet your cute girls yesterday! see you soon -
Post a Comment