Looks like I won't be going overseas in a few weeks after all. TOTAL bummer, but it just worked out that it made more sense to send one of my analysts since he is the one that will actually be applying what is captured on the trip. For the selfish reasons, I really wanted to go myself and could have just came home and given him the brain dump but logically it made more sense for him to be there, as he'll learn so much more witnessing everything in person. Ah well, there will be other opportunities - especially with everything we have going on internationally right now.
All the good points about me not going (just to cheer myself up):
All the good points about me not going (just to cheer myself up):
- My girls won't be missing me for a week
- Brian doesn't have to make a trip to the safe deposit box for my passport (although, I know he wouldn't have minded)
- I don't have to find someone to keep the girls for the 2 nights that Brian and my trips would have overlapped
- I'll be home for Brian's birthday on the 22nd
- I don't have to reschedule Emma's last dentist appointment and my hair appointment for that week
- I won't be cramped in coach for the long flight over, since it was an arm and a leg to fly business and the company would not have footed that bill
1 comment:
happy late bday! glad your trip was good. i'm sorry about your plans for overseas -- i don't think i could leave the boys to go overseas myself! i bet you'll get another opportunity. i hope so!
Post a Comment