Monday, April 23, 2007

Monkey Bread, Molars and More

How's this for a record? Three posts within two days.

Monkey Bread - To. Die. For. I'll post the recipe once Grammy sends it over, but she surprised us with this at dinner last night. Put my pound cake to shame. Think sugar, butter, biscuits. Dinner was yum, the spinach parmesan couscous turned out great and grilled salmon was delicious as usual. Having all that followed by two yummy desserts, what more could a person ask for?

Molars - Ugh. We're cutting molars. Camryn has big lumps in her gums, I had forgotten how painful those boogers are on them. She's wanting to bite on everything, poor baby!

More - Let's see, I finished The Glass Castle on Saturday night. I cried, so it must have been good.

Camryn's 15-month check-up went well this morning. She weighed in at 23lb 4oz (50th%) and 31 3/8" (80th%), staying exactly on her growth curve. Dr said she is doing great!

Other fun news, my only cousin on my dad's side called last night to tell me about some genealogy research he has been doing on our grandparents family tree. He's going to send me the file so I can add the family tree details that I have from my maternal grandfather. I hope to also pull in information from Brian's Aunt, as she's done tons of research on his paternal grandparent's side. I would love for the girls to have this information readily available to them as they get older. Gotta love the digital age!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh. Monkey bread. I haven't had that since college; my roomie used to make it with Hershey Kisses inside each biscuit. SO good. Please do post recipe! I'd also like your couscous recipe if you have time -- I have a dinner to go to Saturday that I have to bring veggie side dish and that sounds perfect! Molars yuck -- we did that with Jake a few weeks ago. It made him poo and have a bad diaper rash (TMI, probably). Cool beans on family tree(s)!