Wednesday, May 23, 2007

May? Snow?

Yep, snow in May, crazy stuff! Just when all the plants decided it was safe to start blooming, this ->
is what we get.

So what's new with us (sorry, it's been a while since I posted)?? I'm getting a little crazy myself and signing up with a team to run the Wild West Relay in August. It starts in Ft. Collins and we'll cover almost 200 miles between the 12 of us, all the way to Steamboat Springs. At times I think I've lost my mind or maybe been smoking a little too much from the crack pipe, but mostly I'm really excited for the physical and mental challenge. It should be interesting running in the middle of the night or wee hours of the morning.

The girls are doing fabulous. Emma insisted on taking her new pet rock to school on Tuesday for show-n-tell. The rock was acquired from the backyard landscaping and she has taken a particular liking to it. She spends quite a bit of time coloring it with chalk and talking about it. We also got Emma enrolled to start swimming lessons at the club next month. She's had the parent-child classes at the Y, but these will be sans parent. Camryn continues to chase "Memma" (no, not Mama, this is what she calls Emma) around and she amuses us constantly.

Brian is all booked for his Scotland golf trip! He's also playing in a tennis tournament on Saturday and looking forward to trying to beat me in Bolder Boulder on Monday. I'm sure he was joking when he mentioned a certain swapping of timing chips. In addition to the friendly spousal competition we put on each year (this will be our 4th race together and my 7th consecutive year!), we always look forward to our overnight getaway that usually includes dinner and a movie.

Before I go, Happy Birthday to our nephew, Connor, who turns 3 on Friday and my brother, Eric, who celebrates his last year in his 20's this weekend! Wishing everyone a fantabulous Memorial Day Weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Snow! We didn't get any up here.

Hope the race goes well on Monday! If you two need a place to stay, give us a call.

Debbie said...

That race sounds so cool! I'm so proud of you!