No, not who has the better football team, that was decided on Saturday. The real question of the weekend was who has the best pizza in Chicago? We decided to try out a few different versions
over the weekend to weigh in with our opinion. There was Pizano's on Friday night, just blocks away from our hotel off Michigan Ave. Traditional Chicago style pizza with the sauce on top. I quite enjoyed the location and surroundings, where we also got patio seating and could enjoy the rumble of the L as it zipped by. Then there was Lou Malnati's on Sunday night. I'd had several people tell me that Lou Malnati's is way better than Gino's pizza, which I've had on a few occasions, so we had to try it out for ourselves. Have to say, I prefer Gino's. I like the sauce on top and Gino's East (at least the one I've eaten at downtown) really does have the better atmosphere.
Here we are pre-game in front of TouchDown Jesus. If only the ND fans knew He was on our side for this game. We could not have asked for a better weekend in Chicago. GT beat the Irish (thanks Amanda for hooking us up with the tix)! We got to see some great friends at the game,
took in a Cubs game that turned out to be pretty exciting, I got in 5 miles on Lakeshore and our travels were very smooth. Weather was absolutely fantastic. It's weekends like that in Chicago that always make me think I want to live there. Of course, if you planted me there in the dead of winter, I'm sure I'd quickly change my tune.
took in a Cubs game that turned out to be pretty exciting, I got in 5 miles on Lakeshore and our travels were very smooth. Weather was absolutely fantastic. It's weekends like that in Chicago that always make me think I want to live there. Of course, if you planted me there in the dead of winter, I'm sure I'd quickly change my tune.We were missing our girls by the end of the trip but the looks on their faces as we pulled up to Grammy's house on Monday was priceless. They too had a great weekend painting nails, swimming, eating Cherry pie and watching the hot air balloons from the local festival.
We've got mucho business on the books for this month but I'll try to keep ya'll updated best as I can. Nanna and Pappa are in town, plus Emma's soccer practice starts, we've got The Little Mermaid performance and our clubhouse Grand Opening party - and that's all just this weekend! Next week, Brian has a friend in town from GA for his Member/Guest golf tournament, I've got a little neighborhood 5k race, and a girl's night out. The following week, Brian head's to NYC for a business trip and the following (and last weekend of the month) we are in Aspen for a family wedding. That's our entire month of September - makes me kind of dizzy just thinking about it! All good stuff though, we'll unwind in October, right??
3 comments:
Thanks for the text messages. I was loving it! Still excited about the win! Can't wait to hear about Emma's soccer games!
So jealous, as I'm a big Cubs fan...haven't been to Chi-town since Eli was born :(
What great pictures!! South Bend, IN area is where I grew up, so I recognized the campus immediately. Glad you two had a great weekend away (And I agree - nothing beats Gino's East when you're in the windy city!)
Post a Comment