Tuesday, November 27, 2007

One, two, six strikes you're out

Thanksgiving update from our family, the actual T-day was relaxing and quiet. We spent the morning playing around the house and whipping up a few dishes in the kitchen. After naps, we all headed to Grammy's house for a dinner of yummy turducken and tasty sides. Oh, we all ate and ate, the food was so good! I have to share this picture because I thought my meringue on the banana pudding turned out so purdy.

The girls and I hung out together on Friday, Brian had to head into the office for a bit due to a client appointment. Most of the day was filled with playing at the club and prepping for Saturday's football party. Which leads me into today's blog title....six straight losses to Georgia and Tech has finally decided to replace Chan Gailey. It's been painful watching mediocre season after mediocre season. Now let's see who they bring in *fingers crossed*. Our football party was fun, despite Tech's loss. B and I were the only Jackets in the house, thankfully it was our house! We had four Bulldawg couples and one Florida couple (at least they were helping to root for Tech). Tailgate food was abundant, I made my delicious chicken tortilla soup and a large time was had by all (including the girls, see Emma with our friend, Chelsea).

Of course, the football party was just warm up for Couple's Night Out. Post-game, we headed down to a great little piano pub with six other couples for a night of sing-along. Our Bees may have lost but they were out in full spirit that night, flying here and there landing on everyone's shirts, pants and shoes - (bartenders fling little bees at patrons).

The holiday weekend rounded out perfectly with a Sunday matinee of The Nutcracker. What a fabulous production put on by Colorado Springs Philharmonic and The San Diego Ballet Company. Emma was enthralled with all she saw. I wasn't sure how she would do without singing or words to guide her through the story but with a little narration from Mom, she was set and could follow. The production uses local children for many of the roles, and they made the show! So. adorable. We'll be making this a Mommy-Daughter holiday tradition. As soon as Cam is old enough to sit through it, she'll be joining us. Maybe next year.

Look for more to come this week as we get ready for the holiday buzz (I just finished addressing our holiday cards - yippee!) and be sure to check out more pictures from this month.

No comments: