Oh my gosh, sometimes I can really be a ditz. I'll just blame this one on the fact that I grew up in warm weather states, we didn't use these things. Did you know that the string in between those little kid mittens is to string through the back of the child's coat so the mittens stay put? Camryn has a pair that I got for her from here. A new mom that works for me was just asking if I knew where to find some mittens, "you know, the ones with the string that goes through the back of their coat". Light. Bulb. "Ah, that's what the string is for! I thought it was to keep the pair together", since every mom knows how easy it is to lose a stray mitten. Duh.
4 comments:
well, I must be a ditz too then b/c I cannot even picture a string going through the back of a coat??? I don't get it. Hadley's little mittens to keep her from scratching don't have a string thank goodness ;)
The mittens get threaded through each coat sleeve with the string running behind the child, so it doesn't actually go through the coat. But with the string and the mittens threaded, they stay with the coat and stay on better. I never thought to try this, seriously thought the string was to keep them from getting lost.
LOL - Julie I had no idea either. Thanks for clarifying. I think my girls' mittens all have clips though - do those attach somehow to a jacket? I have assumed that they are just for connecting to eachother as well. Guess we warm-weather girls need to share these secrets as we learn them. :)
LOL. I can't believe you didn't know that! I grew up in Phoenix and was there until I was 25, so no excuse!
LMAO.... I can't believe you all didn't know this!
:)
Post a Comment