Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Ho, Ho, HO

Holiday season is in full swing at the Lindsey household.

The stockings are hung by the chimney with care.

Since I started this blog almost 1 year ago exactly, my readers haven't seen our stocking collection which I am so very proud of. All of them were made by our mothers. My mom made the one on the far right when I was a baby, I made the two middle ones for the girls and Brian's mom made his on the far left last year so that we would all have some love from Mom.

We trimmed the tree the weekend after Thanksgiving. We had to laugh at Camryn's contribution, when we looked over and noticed that one branch had been blessed a little more than the others.

Holiday parading was at the top of our list of things to do this past weekend. We attended the Festival of Lights Holiday Parade in town with some friends. The girls oohed and aahed and we saw lots of "neigh neighs".

Last night was our annual trip to the zoo's Safari of Lights. For the past several years, we have been fortunate enough to attend the zoo donor special night prior to the general public opening with Grammy and Papa Mike. This means fewer people, special Santa treatment and yummy treats. The girls got to pet reindeer and both enjoyed digging into the chocolate fondue fountain. Emma loved talking with Santa and was eager to tell him that she wants a camera and more dress up clothes for Christmas.

Not really anything to do with our holiday, but Saturday was a good running day. I headed down to the Pueblo Rock Canyon 1/2 marathon with 5 other ladies. The weather was unseasonably warm, route was scenic and it was a great way to kick off my marathon training.
Lots more fun in the weeks to come, with two holiday parties this weekend, another Santa visit and holiday party the following, plenty o' baking, charitable gifts to give, and precious time with family and friends. A few more pictures to enjoy and December album has been added. Wish me luck getting to my bookclub read before Monday, I can't put down Josephine B so bookclub might not get done.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh, fun pics! I am looking forward to our Christmas tree this weekend, looking at yours. Wish I could've run with you guys, too. Mindy, Tracy and I did that one last year and it was icy and snowy and COLD -- looks like your run was sunny but just as cold! Tell everyone hi for us. Do you see Tracy often? I don't think I saw her in that pic but did see Sabrina ... xo!