Whew! The past two days have been exciting. I got to take a plane flight to Albany, NY. My host had a business meeting at the United States Olympic Training Center - Lake Placid, which is about 2 hours from Albany. It was very cold in Lake Placid, so we had to stay bundled up. Thank you for dressing me in warm clothes before sending me off to Colorado.The best part of my trip to the Olympic Training Center was when I got to hang out in a Luge, Skeleton and Bobsled. These are all Winter Olympic sports, where the athlete sits or lies down and goes very fast on ice.
More adventures to come this week, when I visit the United States Air Force Academy right here in Colorado Springs, CO.
1 comment:
Interesting you should mention Flat Stanley. The teacher who created this wonderful character, (based on a book by Jeff Brown) teaches at one of the schools I help co-ordinate technology for - he is Dale Hubert. His offical website is here.
http://flatstanley.enoreo.on.ca/
I'm sure if you send him some pictures of your Flat Stanley adventures he'd post them on his website.
Love your blog ...actually found it on a blog search for runners (my wife's a marathoner) and a workshop we recently did with Will Richardson - the gru of educational blogging. MXmas to you and your family.
Post a Comment