Emma turns 4 this weekend. What a big girl! She has over 20 of her friends/classmates joining her for two hours of fun at the jumping place. My co-worker that made the princess castle cake for Camryn's birthday is making a Barbie character cake for Emma's party. It won't be quite as elaborate but just as tasty! Actually, Emma ends up with multiple birthday
celebrations this year. We are having cupcakes at her school this afternoon, party tomorrow and another celebration with family on Sunday (her actual birthday). Check back for pictures after the weekend.
Update on me. I didn't make the dr appointment as previously mentioned. After talking with my training partner on Wednesday night, I'm pretty sure it is just shin splints. The bone is not hurting and the more I massage in that area, and have taken a few days off from running, it is feeling better. I trust her advice, which is actually her hubby's advice and he trains athletes for a living. I got some new shoes today at the running specialty store and also have some SuperFeet insoles on order. There may still be some pain present on Sunday's long run, we'll have to see but I'll do my best to be smart about it. Nobody said running 20+ miles is supposed to feel good but we don't want injuries, that's for sure!
One more thing before I go, Camryn has a new song that she learned at Stretch-N-Grow. Both girls go to this little extracurricular activity at school where they talk about nutrition, exercise and healthy living. I remember Emma singing this at Camryn's age and now Camryn is doing the same. In case you can't quite understand two-year old speak, she is saying "We will, we will, EXERCISE!"
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Emma!!
Hope Emma had a wonderful birthday. How did your run go? Take care of yourself!
Post a Comment