Saturday, April 19, 2008

No more art table for you!

Emma is not always an angel. Yes. I knew this already. She definitely has her moments. Her grandparents may beg to differ but as parents we know the truth, just as they did when they were raising us.

As I'm picking up from school and Emma is bouncing over to me for a great big hug one afternoon this week, one of the little boys in her classroom looks at me and says, "Um, um, Emma's mom, Emma was being BAD today". Shocked mother (not really) looks up at the teacher for an explanation, as she replies "Yes, Emma is not allowed on art table for the rest of the week. She was painting another little girls face and cutting another little girls hair." Gasp. We gather up our stuff and swiftly head to the car so the beating, er, I mean talking to can begin.

Needless to say, Emma and I had a serious little chat on the way home and Daddy gave another talking once we were home. When I asked her what possessed her to paint her little friends face she said, "well, she was trying to do it to me first". Then get up and walk away or tell the teacher. What does my husband say, "Sure, teach her to be a tattle-tale"! Thanks for the help honey.

She promised the next morning that she would not play beauty school in class again. And sure enough, the first thing she told me when she bounced into the house the next day, with great excitement in her voice "Mommy, I didn't paint anybody's face today!". Way to go angel.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Emma was just trying to express her artistic abilities with live models:) Hope y'all had a nice weekend and spring makes an appearance in CO soon!