Thursday, May 22, 2008

Best Daddy in the whole world!

Emma knows the way to her Daddy's heart. As he was finishing up their playhouse on Sunday morning, Emma exclaimed, "You are the best Daddy in the whole world!" And I believe she may be right. Brian could not be more proud of his two little girls, he laughs at how he has grown accustomed to tea parties, dress up and musicals. He loves to teach the girls new puzzles, read them books, splash with them in the pool and can't wait to teach them the great game of golf one of these days.

Yes, we've been busy, which would explain my absence from here. Last week, I got to meet up with Jennifer for an early morning, freezing rain run and coffee that followed. It's always a treat to catch up with her, even if only for a short time. Our club also does a monthly ladies happy hour, which was last Thursday. Watermelon martini was the drink of the night - made with fresh watermelon, yum, yum!

Brian and I finally watched Juno last weekend. We don't watch too many movies these days, definitely not like we did in the BC era (before children) when I would go to the movies with a girlfriend every weekend. I'd heard great things about this movie and of course, it won Best Original Screenplay at the Oscars this year, but I didn't really have any expectations. We both enjoyed it! "Thumbs up" - as Emma would say.

What else have we been up to? Swimming lessons, Stagecoach rides, pool openings, birthday and graduation parties! One of our favorite babysitters is graduating high school this year, and her family party was last weekend. We took the girls and you should have seen them following a whole gaggle of pre-teen girls around, too cute!

We are also getting beautiful weather - at long last! It was in the 80's for most of last weekend. On Sunday, I got in a morning run before coming home to play with the girls and work in the yard a bit. Brian and I then had some couple's time, sneaking off for 9 holes of golf and I must say it was quite enjoyable! The last few times we've played, I've had fun but also gotten frustrated. I had a quick five minute session with a friend of ours that was possibly a zen-master in a former life. The guy just exudes relaxation and happy feelings. He passed on a little zen and off I went. I actually kept up pace with Brian and our neighbors, huge progress!

I hope you all have a safe and fun Memorial Weekend!

No comments: