Nothing like some good race schwag. All from the 30th annual Bolder Boulder 10k on Monday. I know, I know ~ it wasn't in the plans. I really didn't think I would be ready to run it back in March and April, when I was still struggling with injuries - but May has been a new month. Running is coming along, so I decided to keep my streak going, 8th year in a row. This is probably a posting repeat, but this is one of my favorite races. The race coordination is phenomenal. Transportation has been flawless every year I have run it. Each year, we catch the commuter bus outside of Boulder and it has always been on time and so easy to catch back out after the race. The post-race expo is also fun to walk around and pick up some goodies.
This year, the weather was cooler than I remember it being in past years, but it was very comfortable running weather. I knew going into the run that I was not going to beat my sub-49 from last year and decided I would be happy with anything under 54 min. Finishing time was 50:59. I think this is my 2nd best time so I'll take it!
Thanks to Erin for letting me stay with her outside of Boulder. She even gave up her bed for me, really - too much. We had a very nice dinner and chat the night before, Brian got lucky getting Erin as a step-sibling and now I'm lucky to have her in my life.
2 comments:
yay for you!!! My best time in the bolder boulder was 59:00!!!
Nice work at the BB.
Post a Comment