Monday, June 2, 2008

Shameless Community Plug

Since I know several of my readers are local to the Pikes Peak community, here's a plug for the Children's Museum that is in the works for our area. I'm sure all of you with young children would love to have this museum as an available enrichment activity - I know we would!

Please visit the site and pledge your support as a Commando, or even donate some $ if you so wish.

From the site:

Did You Know?

  • Of the top 50 metro areas in the US, Colorado Springs is one of only 8 that do not have a children’s museum
  • 75% of local parents surveyed have been to a children’s museum
  • 90% believe there are not enough activities for young children in our area
  • Children’s museums generate $448 million in economic activity every year
  • When families are having fun together at a children’s museum, there’s so much more going on.
  • When children climb and move, touch and see, draw, create, or build … they are also exploring, making decisions, developing confidence, and figuring out how their world works and who they are.

No comments: