Beauty and the Beast. Emma and I got to see the stage production this weekend at the Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center. What a wonderful story. Grammy joined us for the show and everyone enjoyed immensely. Emma had her picture taken with Belle after the show.
With Brian in Vegas this past weekend, playing in his dad's member/guest tournament, the girls and I stayed BUSY. Their year-end school picnic was on Saturday. The Montessori school that they attend is a local-run school but there are several locations around town. The picnic was held at the biggest of the schools, where there is tons of space for activities. We all participated in the "Silly Hat parade", the girls jumped in all of the jump-houses, got their faces painted, balloon animals, visit from the local fire station and lunch. And, of course, all of this was enjoyed with their classmates. The face-paint lady thought Camryn was the coolest little girl because she wanted a snake on her face, instead of the typical girlie flower, heart, rainbow, etc. Camryn loves snakes right now...if only Mommy felt the same!
After naps on Saturday (yes, both girls still nap about 2 hrs in the afternoon - thank goodness!), we headed over to a friend's house for a cook-out, where the girls got to play some more. I took Asian slaw, one of my favorite BBQ standbys. Everyone loved it, as usual!
Brian got home safely on Sunday evening, just in time for me to head off for a ladies night out that started with Cosmos and ended with Sex and the City. LOVED the movie. I don't want to spoil it for those who haven't seen it, but it brought a tear to my eye several times and really made me really the show and all of the characters.
We are all home now for a few days before I head to Myrtle Beach with the LA Posse. All eight of us were able to make it again this year and I'm so looking forward to catching up with everyone. There is nothing like that feeling of easily slipping right into chatter (and lots of laughter) with close friend you haven't seen in a while. It's like there was never an absence. That's when you know the friendships are solid and real.
1 comment:
Have a great time on your trip! I am dying to see SITC - but I am not going with my mother! She has only watched the TBS version of the show...so I may just have to wait for the DVD.
Post a Comment