Surgery update! All went well yesterday. The actual procedure went so quickly, I almost couldn't believe it. I was loopy on the Valium for about 30 minutes before they took me into the surgery room and then poof, DONE. Post-surgery was spent mostly sleeping. It's amazing how the body just knows to shut down after a major procedure like that. Brian dropped me off at his mom's house (she volunteered to baby-sit me) around 9:30, I laid down in the darkest room possible and when I woke up it was already 3:30 in the afternoon! I fell asleep on the couch around 8 last night and didn't wake up until 6 this morning. Crazy sleepy.
Camryn thought my patched over eyes were cool and Emma was a little freaked out. I tried to prepare them the best that I could but she couldn't get over the boo-boos on Mommy's eyes. She was very relieved when she woke up this morning and the patches were gone. My sight is amazing this morning. I have a tad bit of blurriness but was perfectly fine to drive the girls to school and then take myself to my post-op appointment. I then hit the gym for two hours - yes, I felt like a slug after sleeping ALL day yesterday. I'm glad I took the day off though because just being in front of the computer for the few minutes that I have this afternoon is giving me a bit of a headache. I'll head back into the office tomorrow for some meetings that we have with my new Director, and hopefully not be in front of my PC all day.
All in all, I'm very pleased with how the surgery went and how recovery is going thus far. Dr said to expect some days to be better than others for about the next six weeks. But, yay! I can see!
5 comments:
Yea Julie! So glad to hear everything went well.
I'm so glad that it went well! I know you will love your new found sight!
Great news! It's dumbfounding that they can correct sight so quickly and easily these days. Congrats!
That is awesome! I want to get Lasik also..but I'm still chicken!
~leslie
Good Show! I talked with your "baby sitter" that day, and encouraged them that all was going to be wonderful. I slept the remainder of the day after my lasik.
It's been 2 years this month since my lasik, and I'm still seeing great! The dr thought I would be in readers because of my age, but I surprised them and me! I still am amazed at the "miracle" of it all. ENJOY!!!
Post a Comment