Well folks, it's been a busy one. We've officially been taking full advantage of the longer summer days and beautiful Colorado weather. The weekend of the 4th could not have been any nicer, even if it had been custom-ordered. We spent the day at the pool, where the girls swam like fish and later that evening headed over to a neighborhood cookout. Our neighborhood club puts on a fireworks show, so we headed over to the driving range to spread out on blankets for the fireworks extravaganza. Beautiful!
The girls continue to keep us on our toes. We have officially hit the stage where the two of them are working as a team to get into things that they shouldn't! Last weekend, Brian walked out into the kitchen to find Emma with scissors in one hand and globs of hair in the other. Seems her sister was complaining about hair being in her eyes and Emma had just the solution. We keep all of their art supplies (children's scissors, included) in one of our kitchen drawers. Out come the scissors, and off comes the hair. Camryn wasn't upset in the least, she felt her sister was doing her a great service, giving her a buzz cut up front. It's just hair, it will grow back right? Problem is, it has taken her 2.5 years to grow what little hair she had! Her beautiful curls in the back are still in tact, so now we have silly bangs (or brains, as Emma calls them).
Brian has been getting in lots of golf (gotta take advantage of the weather!), and I finally got in my first full round of 18 holes last weekend - fun! My running continues to come along, which included a 12k race over the 4th and me signing up for the Georgetown to Idaho Springs 1/2 that is next month. Oh! And we leave for our cruise in a short 10 days. I can't believe how quickly it is coming. We've been doing lots of research on the sights we want to take in, I've been getting in some shopping and also making my list of things to put together for the grandparents before we leave. List of doctors, notarized medical release form, field trips, etc.
Needless to say, we are having an exciting summer. Emma's latest field trip was bowling, which Daddy got to go on. Her next one is to Garden of the Gods, which Nanna will attend. I got to go to the zoo with her class and Grammy went to the Black Forest Animal Sanctuary. Camryn's class is having fun on their splash days and made root beer floats one day - yum!
Things that have not been getting done...my book club reading. I just can't seem to find the time to sit down with a book right now. I should be reading right now for Tuesday night's meeting, so I guess I should wrap this up. I do have a few books that I hope to read during our flight to Barcelona and cruise, including the latest Sandra Gulland book. Off to read! Check out our June picture album to the right when you get a chance.
2 comments:
Hope you have a great time on your cruise! I just started Mistress of the Sun (having the same trouble finding lots of reading time right now). Your running is awesome - hoping to do the Atlanta Half in Nov but my foot is still hurting:(
Have a wonderful time on your cruise! We just got back, and I'm having a hard time adjusting back to life!
Post a Comment